Product photography is an important part of any eCommerce sites. There are many different types of product photography, and in this blog post we will go over different types and ways to take excellent photos that will help you sell the products on your website.
First, it’s important to understand what makes a photo great for selling products. You want the colors to be accurate, good lighting (but not too bright), and minimal distractions in the background. The photo should also show off the features of your product well! When taking pictures, make sure you use natural light whenever possible; it helps maintain color accuracy and prevents glare from artificial lights.
Now, let’s go into more detail about some of the types of product photography!
Simple Studio Product Shots
A simple studio product shot is a product in front of a white background. This is the easiest, cheapest, and quickest type of product photography. In Photoshop, you can fill your entire canvas with white or get a seamless backdrop from Amazon or eBay that makes this even easier!
One challenge with doing simple studio shots is that it’s hard to edit out all imperfections from the background – things like lint, hair, and marks on the table surface will still show through. If you have a perfectly clean setting but want to make your products look more luxurious, try using a photo editing app like Lightroom or Photoshop to add some extra touches to your photos. For example, try blurring out the background around your product to simulate a more expensive camera lens.
Additionally, this type of product photography works best when you’re … Read the rest
In this digital era, nowadays everyone can copy and download images, videos, software from the Internet to their computers. And it is easy to duplicate or replicate the files from one version to many clones. Users can simply copy and paste to achieve the task.
People can steal your images from your website and social media accounts very easily. Some will use them for personal purposes, but unfortunately, many others will use the photos for commercial purposes. Many online stores are complaining that their product images were stolen and used by other shops. You have invested your time and money in the photos and now they are being used by others without your permission.
How people steal images from the web
- It is very easy for people to download or save images from the web to their computers and drives. They can simply right-click on the image they want, and they can choose “Save images as…” and the image will be downloaded to their computers.
- Some people will use the web browser to download all the web page. And in the downloaded folders, there will be your photos. They can choose “Save page as…” to do so.
- Many stock photos are now shared on illegal websites and hosting. Users can go there and download them.
How you will be affected if someone steals the assets
- First, you will be very angry about that. You invested time and money to take the pictures and bring them to the world.
- If you are selling your products online, your competitors and other online stores will use them for their websites. Customers will be confused because of the same product photos in many stores. Your brand and business will be affected a lot.
- If they are scamming people to get the money, customers will
… Read the rest
If you are wondering whether you should watermark your Etsy photos or not, you have come to the right place.
In this digital era, content theft is not a new thing. A lot of commercial software and ebooks are offered for free on illegal websites. Many Etsy sellers often complain about product image theft. They said that other sellers stole their image listings and the descriptions to use for their shops.
Here are some examples:
ThePepperBug wrote about their experiences about product photo theft in 2017.
This is the original thread.
Another thread started byin 2018
TheFortuneCat expressed her bad feelings when someone stole and used her images for months.
As you can see, many sellers are bold enough to steal your product images and use them for their stores. DestinationLtd expressed her bad experiences when she can’t prevent other shops from using her images without permission. Some shops will use your images for their shops. Other shops will use them to scam customers. They receive orders and the money from buyers but they don’t send items to them. They don’t do business at all and only want to steal money from the customers
Unfortunately, the situation happens very often.
How can you be affected when someone uses your images?
- Because some shops will use your images and the bad result is that buyers cannot know who is the real creators and owners of your product images. They will doubt and suspect the product and your business. This also confuses buyers when they search for your products and they can buy from your competitors, not you.
- As a result, your sales and your business will be affected. People will avoid buying from you and they will not use your products and recommend
… Read the rest