When your family gets together there’s always plenty of catching up and chatting about things like holidays, schools, jobs, pets, and so on. But what about when you are not together and are busy working, running a business, studying, caring for children, or taking time off to relax?
With so many family occasions and holidays coming up this year, you’re probably thinking of how to make sure everyone has something special to remember the occasion by. But maybe you feel as if your siblings aren’t getting enough time with you to talk about their lives and you feel you need something creative to share.
Here are some ideas on how to do this without it seeming like you’re trying to ‘pinch’ them.
• Ask someone to take a photo of you in the family’s new puppy. You could put it on Facebook and ask the whole family to contribute pictures of you and the puppy.
• If you have younger kids, you could create a photo book or calendar using photos of the family and the different members. Have the children take part in choosing the photos and write captions or comments in.
• If you have older kids, you could go to a photography class and have them take a series of shots of you and the family. This would also be a great opportunity to have a family photo taken.
• You could send your kids a fun gift and ask them to make a collage or drawing using photos, words, and drawings to tell you about their life.
• Use your phone to create a video of the whole family. You could take your camera outside to get some natural shots. If you are short of money, you could do this on your phone and upload it to Facebook. Ask the kids to add in some of their own ideas and talk about what they love about you.
• If you are feeling especially creative, you could use old clothes, props, and interesting objects from around the house to make up a quirky photo shoot.
As you can see, there are lots of fun and creative ways of capturing the special moments in your family life. And the best thing about it is that everyone has a little role to play. It’s great to be able to share stories about the things that make your family special and it will create lasting memories of family life.
We hope you enjoy these ideas and find them helpful.
Other Sibling Photography Ideas