When it comes to watermarking your photos, you need to have a logo or it will be easier if you can have a design of how your watermark looks like in your photos. After that, when applying the watermark and logo in each photo, you can easily adjust to make your overall photos look great.
But with different photos, you may need different colors for your watermark. Because each photo has its unique content and colors. But the key point here is that you should choose the colors that go well with your photos and don’t get too much attention from viewers.
Table of Contents
1. Things to remember when choosing the colors for your watermarks
- The watermark should not be too obvious to distract the content of the photos. You can change the opacity of the color to make it more transparent. That will not affect much of your photos.
- If you have a logo, you can choose the colors of the watermark that are included in the logo. It will create color harmonies for your photos and they will look better.
- If you have a website, you can consider choosing the colors from your website to make it go well with the general context.
- The colors of watermark sometimes are neutral and not too bright and obvious. The reason is that the watermark will not distract your viewers from the main content of the photos.
- You should consider the position and the size of the watermark when choosing the colors. Because the position, size, and colors of the watermark can play big parts on how your watermark looks in the picture.
2. White and its shades are often used as the color for watermark
If you see many photos on the web, you can easily recognize that many photo owners often use white, grey, and shades of the colors to watermark their photos. Of course, choosing the color will be based on the photos themselves.
If your photos are not bright, you can use white, grey, and shades of them as your main color of watermarks.
3. You can have different colors for watermarks
To make it easier for you when watermarking photos, maybe you will need to have different watermarks for different photos. So you can choose different colors for your watermarks.
You can test and choose 2 or 3 best colors you like and they look good in most of your pictures. You should save them for later use because creating watermark again will waste a lot of time and energy.
4. Another way to choose the color for your watermark
There is another way to choose the right color for your watermark. It is observing and seeing how other photographers and photo owners watermark their pictures.
By seeing and observing what other people are doing, you will find great colors and inspirations for your watermarks.
You can go to stock photography websites, photo forums, photographer groups on Facebook, social media accounts related to photography and selling images. Especially, you should frequently visit websites and observe people that are selling photos. Because when selling photos, people often watermark their digital assets and reduce the image sizes. You can learn more about choosing the right colors for your watermarks.
Some examples of watermarks
If you need an online photo watermarking tool, you can use Watermarkup. It is free and easy to use. You can watermark multiple photos at the same time and don’t have to download anything to install on your computer. All the photo watermarking is processed in your web browser.