In this blog post, we will be discussing the basics of birth photography. In particular, we’ll discuss how to choose a birth photographer and what you can expect from their services.
What is Birth Photography? Birth photography captures memories of your child’s first moments in the world. It documents the emotional joys and challenges that come with welcoming a new life into our family! These images are cherished for generations as they bring back powerful emotions and memories of love for a new baby or a new grandchild.
The Story of Birth Photography
For centuries, childbirth was typically treated as a natural occurrence- something not to be discussed outside the home and certainly not to be photographed. Although there is evidence of childbirth images as early as the 1860s, it wasn’t until after World War I that birth photography became more common practice and widely accepted in society.
From an Experience Perspective
If you are planning a hospital birth with epidural or other pain relief medications, your birthing time can seem quite detached from reality for both mother and father- especially if you have had previous children! Birth photography captures those first moments when parents meet their baby face-to-face for the first time, without any distractions. This moment has been described by many new moms as “the most amazing experience” they’ve ever seen. From this perspective, birth photographers can help bring back some historic memories to share with friends and family.
What to Expect from a Birth Photographer?
A birth photographer will typically arrive at your hospital room or birthing suite shortly after you have delivered your child and stay for around an … Read the rest
What are you looking for in a blog post? Do you want to be inspired by creative photography ideas, or do you want something more practical and informational? If the answer is “both,” then this is the perfect post for you! We will go through 30+ different photo ideas that can provide diverse content on your blog. These posts offer inspiration and information for photographers of all levels. Enjoy!
Food photography ideas
1) One good idea for food photography is to take a photo of the ingredients and then create the recipe. This is a great way to give people an idea of what they’ll need ahead of time, as well as get ideas from other foods in your kitchen that would make great combos! You also get the chance to show how you used what you had available and this can be a really creative outlet for your blog.
2) Another fun type of food photography is taking photos of extravagant meals. These types of shots are often seen on Instagram or Facebook in order to showcase how luxurious certain foods can be if one has enough money to spend on them. When done right, these photos can provoke feelings of envy or surprise in the viewer.
Lifestyle photography ideas
– One type of lifestyle photo is a “selfie.” This is an increasingly popular style that usually includes the photographer’s face in their shot, but it doesn’t have to be limited to just one person. Some people like to include themselves with other friends or family members for what can make for really interesting content! If you’re feeling more adventurous, try taking pictures behind … Read the rest
Many photography enthusiasts find that the photography business is not as easy to jump into as they thought it would be. There are many steps and guidelines you need to follow before your photography business can really take off. In this blog post, we will go over some of these steps and guidelines so you know what you’re getting into when deciding on a photography career path.
Costs to start a photography business
Startup costs to start a photography business can vary depending on how you plan to operate. If, for example, you are planning on doing home-based shoots only then your startup will be minimal and could include just the cost of initial equipment such as camera bodies or lenses. Of course if you want some flashier features like studio space with strobes that would add significantly more in expenses but it really depends what sort of photographer experience is right for an individual’s goals and budgeting needs so its best to consult elsewhere first before committing full-time to photography.
The estimated costs for you:
– $1200 for photography equipment (or up front cost if buying camera/lenses outright)
– Additional costs of photography studio rental or cost to buy your own photography studio space.
Costs to maintain your photography business:
– Photo editing software (such as Photoshop) subscription is about $20 per month but will be more expensive if you don’t have the latest version.
– Photography workshops from time to time can help sharpen skills and networks with other photographers in the industry. Costs vary depending on location, length of workshop, etc., but it’s not unusual to pay at least $500 total for one day long workshop plus travel expenses). Workshops are also an opportunity to learn new techniques that may improve future work experience with clients who … Read the rest
Having a newborn is one of the most amazing events in life, and it’s essential to capture these memories. If you’ve been tasked with taking baby’s first photos, we have just the guide for you! This article will walk you through everything from creating a newborn photography checklist to using different types of poses that will work well for your little one. We also discuss what kind of equipment is best to use and how to set up your home studio space.
What is Newborn Photography?
Newborn photography is such a unique genre of art. Capturing the innocence and cuteness that babies have, newborn photographers must make safety their number one priority when it comes to photographing these gorgeous creations from God’s hands! Parents can act as your assistants by holding and posing them if they’re feeling cranky or tired; making them laugh until they fall back asleep again.
Camera Equipment for Newborn Photography
DSLRs and mirrorless systems are both great for newborn photography given their versatile needs. This is because they can shoot raw, allow lens changing, have high ISO ranges that match the low light at a baby’s nursery or hospital room during those first few days of life; as well as being silent to keep them undisturbed by outside noise. Both types provide excellent quality images with large prints possible which make it easy to capture all their favorite moments from this new phase in life!
Photographing newborns is challenging in and of itself. They can’t move well, so you have to place them where they need to be for the perfect shot. This doesn’t stop some from rolling over or pulling faces that are less than desirable though! A camera with a wide range of ISOs and shutter speeds will yield better results when photographing scenes … Read the rest