I love photography, so I am always trying to improve my technique and work to find new models and clients.
Here are some tips that will help you find a good model:
1. Have a good portfolio
2. Don’t just look at one model agency website – check several so you can see if you get the same response to your advert on each agency’s site.
3. Make sure you provide information on your business to potential clients, this could include details about the services you offer, price ranges, payment methods, etc.
4. Ask around your local community to see who knows a good model or photographer. If you are in a busy area, this will give you an idea of the local demand for models.
5. Try out a few different modelling websites and don’t be afraid to contact those that you think might not be suitable for you.
6. It is possible to book clients online but not all agencies allow this. I would suggest you do your research and find an agency that does allow online booking.
7. When you find a prospective client, make sure you can meet them and work out how you will go about taking the photographs.
8. Be confident and professional.
9. Offer a clear set of terms and conditions so both parties know exactly what is expected of them.
10. Be honest about your fees and be upfront about any requirements from the client. This way there are no nasty surprises.
11. Once you have agreed a fee and a date for the shoot, be sure to stick to the agreed fee and the agreed date.
12. If you agree to a payment method other than cash, make sure you are able to fulfil the contract.
13. Always ask for payment upfront, even if it is a deposit.
14. Remember to be punctual and have the shoot planned.
15. Make sure you have all your kit ready before the shoot begins.
16. Always get your model a good meal before a shoot.
17. Take lots of photos. The more you have, the better.
18. Have fun and enjoy yourself!