The best place to photograph meteor showers is on the beach in a sheltered location. The sand will act as a natural light diffuser. To help you capture the best shots, try this:
1. Look for cloudless skies in the morning and early evening.
2. If possible, visit a place where there is no street lighting.
3. Find a quiet place away from people. You can try photographing in woodland, alongside a canal or beside a field. Try to find a place that doesn’t have trees overhead.
4. Find a spot where the horizon is level. This will ensure your photos will look straight and that the sky will appear the same size in each shot.
5. Remember to keep the shutter open for the full duration of the display.
6. Set the ISO to as low as possible to reduce noise. Choose a lower ISO if the … Read the rest