Nowadays, many people complain that their images on Facebook are stolen and used for other purposes.
Stealing photos are one of the main problems users have to deal with while using Facebook. Many content thieves are willing to take your images and use them for their profiles.
But Facebook and other social media platforms also have solutions to solve these problems and they will take any actions to remove the stolen photos. They will even ban the accounts that will steal other images.
Facebook and other social media platforms have their policies that are related to copyright and privacy. They have always helped you if you need something to report and their support team can help you if you contact them directly.
How to report the stolen photos on Facebook
You need to follow the steps below to report to Facebook that your images were stolen.
- Find the photos on their Timelines or in their “Photos” section.
- You need to click on the post or the photo to make a pop-up appear. The popup will show the post, photos, and comments.
- From here, you can click on “Options”. It is near the “Tag photo” and “Send in Messenger”. You can find the options at the bottom of the images. The options are also near “Like”, “Comment”, “Share”.
- You choose “Find support” or “Report Photo”. After that, you can continue the steps to report the stolen photos to Facebook and they will take some actions and notify you later.
You can also try another way to report the violated photos on Facebook by filling a form to contact the Facebook team.
You can choose “Photo” for the first question, “Other photo” or “Profile Picture” for the second question.
Consider watermarking your photos before posting on Facebook
Image and content theft … Read the rest
Nowadays, online content theft isn’t a new problem with Internet users and creators. People easily download and share digital products like ebooks, videos, and files with their friends. You will never know when other people use your products without your consent.
Images and photos are in the same situation. Images are one of the most popular file types on the Internet. Photos are very important to modern websites, blogs, desktop, and mobile applications. And creators often use watermarks to protect their copyrights and ownership.
Watermark can be understood as bits that are used to insert into images, documents, videos, and audios. The watermark can include the name, address, website, and information about the creators of the products.
The importance of watermark
In the digital world, watermark plays an important role in protecting photos and media. A company can watermark their documents as “Confidential” and “Draft” and other employees will know that the documents will only be used for limited purposes.
Digital watermarks are used for not only protection but also marketing purposes. When the watermark can easily be seen by many people, your company and brand will be known better.
Types of digital watermarks
For image watermarks, there are mainly two types of digital watermarking: visible and invisible watermarks.
- Visible watermark: Visible watermark can be a visible text and logo placed on the original photo. People can make the text and logo more transparent to look good with the photo context. This kind of watermark is often used because other people will easily see the information about the owners of the image. People can use image editors or watermark software to add text, logo, and templates to their photos.
- Invisible watermark: Invisible watermark is different. It cannot be seen by human eyes. Only specific software and applications can detect the
… Read the rest
When it comes to watermarking your photos, you need to have a logo or it will be easier if you can have a design of how your watermark looks like in your photos. After that, when applying the watermark and logo in each photo, you can easily adjust to make your overall photos look great.
But with different photos, you may need different colors for your watermark. Because each photo has its unique content and colors. But the key point here is that you should choose the colors that go well with your photos and don’t get too much attention from viewers.
1. Things to remember when choosing the colors for your watermarks
- The watermark should not be too obvious to distract the content of the photos. You can change the opacity of the color to make it more transparent. That will not affect much of your photos.
- If you have a logo, you can choose the colors of the watermark that are included in the logo. It will create color harmonies for your photos and they will look better.
- If you have a website, you can consider choosing the colors from your website to make it go well with the general context.
- The colors of watermark sometimes are neutral and not too bright and obvious. The reason is that the watermark will not distract your viewers from the main content of the photos.
- You should consider the position and the size of the watermark when choosing the colors. Because the position, size, and colors of the watermark can play big parts on how your watermark looks in the picture.
2. White and its shades are often used as the color for watermark
If you see many photos on the web, you can easily recognize that many photo owners often … Read the rest
In this digital era, nowadays everyone can copy and download images, videos, software from the Internet to their computers. And it is easy to duplicate or replicate the files from one version to many clones. Users can simply copy and paste to achieve the task.
People can steal your images from your website and social media accounts very easily. Some will use them for personal purposes, but unfortunately, many others will use the photos for commercial purposes. Many online stores are complaining that their product images were stolen and used by other shops. You have invested your time and money in the photos and now they are being used by others without your permission.
How people steal images from the web
- It is very easy for people to download or save images from the web to their computers and drives. They can simply right-click on the image they want, and they can choose “Save images as…” and the image will be downloaded to their computers.
- Some people will use the web browser to download all the web page. And in the downloaded folders, there will be your photos. They can choose “Save page as…” to do so.
- Many stock photos are now shared on illegal websites and hosting. Users can go there and download them.
How you will be affected if someone steals the assets
- First, you will be very angry about that. You invested time and money to take the pictures and bring them to the world.
- If you are selling your products online, your competitors and other online stores will use them for their websites. Customers will be confused because of the same product photos in many stores. Your brand and business will be affected a lot.
- If they are scamming people to get the money, customers will
… Read the rest