Great Locations to Take Photos in Venice
Venice is a wonderful place to go on vacation to. In addition to the beauty of the surroundings and the culture, there are many amazing tourist attractions to see. The best way to capture great pictures is to go with a professional photographer or at least, with a camera that is equipped with a good lens. Here are some tips on where you can get the best pictures.
Keep in mind that some of the places you visit may be under renovation, or closed altogether. For example, the Rialto Bridge was recently restored, and the Palazzo Ducale was closed to visitors for the summer months. If you visit during these times, you may not be able to see some of the sights you would like to see.
In order to get the best shots, you should go during daylight hours. The best times to visit are mornings and evenings. You can also visit the city during spring and fall. The weather will be more tolerable and you can still enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Keep in mind that some of the most beautiful locations are small and easy to miss, so make sure you take your camera with you. You may want to bring your camera with you to the various stops you make along the Grand Canal. This is an excellent opportunity to get great pictures of the buildings that are situated on the canal, as well as the gondolas. There are many famous hotels and restaurants along the Grand Canal that have beautiful views of the canalside. These include the Hotel Danieli, Cipriani, The Florian, Le Chic, La Residence, the Savoy and the Bauer. You can take pictures of the canal itself, but you may also want to take pictures of the surrounding buildings.
Another great location to visit is the Piazza San Marco. This is one of the most popular sites in Venice. The square is home to the Basilica of San Marco, which is the most sacred building in the city. From the square, you will also have access to the Campanile di San Marco. This bell tower dates back to the 14th century. You can get close enough to the tower to get pictures of it. You can also find many interesting statues on the Piazza San Marco.
There are many other locations that you can visit in Venice that are worth taking pictures of. These include the Doge’s Palace, the Lace Museum, and the Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo. Many of these locations are within walking distance of the Piazza San Marco. You can walk to them in about 20 minutes or less.
Venice Photography Tips
Venice is a beautiful place but it can be difficult to capture the charm and the magic of this city in photographs. As a photographer, I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to capture a certain mood or feeling in an image. Here are my suggestions:
1) Go in the morning or early evening. When the sun shines, the light is gorgeous and there is much less people around.
2) Capture the action. People walk along the streets in a relaxed state. The crowds are thinner and the sky is clear, so the light is lovely and the colours brilliant.
3) Try to get as close to the water as possible. The reflections of the buildings add drama and create interesting patterns in the water. You can use the reflections to your advantage and shoot in the foreground and background.
4) Don’t be afraid of getting dirty. The water is covered in sand and dirt and this can lend a beautiful texture to a photo.
5) Get to know your camera. Start off with a basic, simple point and shoot camera, then graduate to a professional DSLR. The higher quality the lens, the more detail you can capture.
6) Try to capture something unique. I love shooting a group of people, especially during an occasion such as a wedding. When you shoot a wedding, you get a moment that is so real and emotional, so I always try to catch that in my photos.
7) Remember to have fun!